- An Aviat Aircraft Company officially licensed scale replica of the iconic aerobatic design
- The most affordable, convenient, and easiest to fly Pitts S-1S model yet
- More powerful 2S- and 3S-compatible outrunner motor and ESC
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many RTF models
- Real-time battery voltage telemetry with compatible Spektrum transmitters
- Spektrum receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- Completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-finished with a scale trim scheme
Ultra-Micro, Ultra-Convenient, Ultra-Fun
This updated and upgraded version of the E-flite UMX Pitts S-1S is the most affordable, most convenient, and easiest to fly Pitts RC model yet. Exclusive Spektrum AS3X keeps it smooth and optional-use SAFE Select makes it more stable than ever before. Plus, the factory-installed brushless power system now features a 2S- and 3S-compatible outrunner motor. Install 2S 280mAh batteries for performance similar to the original model or use 3S 300mAh batteries for more speed and unlimited vertical performance. The control unit/flight controller includes an ESC and Spektrum receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters while you fly. Constructed of advanced EPS material for a lightweight yet durable airframe, this Bind-N-Fly Basic model arrives 100% factory-assembled. Just bind it to your 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter and you can be flying in minutes! The ultra-micro size is perfect for flying indoors in gymnasiums and similar large spaces, or outdoors pretty much anywhere — yards, parks, sports fields and beyond. Experience the thrill of piloting one of the most celebrated aerobatic biplanes of all time with your own E-flite UMX Pitts S-1S!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level
In The Box
- (1) E-flite UMX Pitts S-1S
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Receiver (installed)
- (4) Linear Servos (installed)
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 5+Channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 280–300mAh LiPo with JST-RCY Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Battery Charger
SAFE Technology Makes Flight Easy
Multiple Flight Modes
Beginner: Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control. Airplane automatically returns to level flight when the control sticks are released. Makes it easier to take off and land.
Intermediate: More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents significant over-control.
Experienced: No pitch or bank angle limits – allows flexibility to fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns.
- PANIC RECOVERY: Switch to Beginner Mode and release the sticks if you lose control in Intermediate or Experienced modes. SAFE technology automatically returns airplane to level flight.
This UMX Pitts is equipped with exclusive Spektrum AS3X and SAFE Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this the easiest to fly Pitts yet!
The UMX Pitts S-1S is equipped with a control unit/flight controller that includes an ESC and Spektrum receiver that provides real-time flight battery voltage telemetry to compatible Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The UMX Pitts S-1S arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! It’s equipped with industry-leading Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can’t repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
WARNING: Read the ENTIRE instruction manual to become familiar with the features of the product before operating. Failure to operate the product correctly can result in damage to the product, personal property and cause serious injury. This is a sophisticated hobby product. It must be operated with caution and common sense and requires some basic mechanical ability. Failure to operate this Product in a safe and responsible manner could result in injury or damage to the product or other property. This product is not intended for use by children without direct adult supervision. Do not use with incompatible components or alter this product in any way outside of the instructions provided by Horizon Hobby, LLC. The product manual contains instructions for safety, operation and maintenance. It is essential to read and follow all the instructions and warnings in the manual, prior to assembly, setup or use, in order to operate correctly and avoid damage or serious injury.