- Ready for use with your compatible Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter, battery and charger
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- “Pusher” power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces with full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you’ve ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you’ve never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone AeroScout S is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It’s equipped with exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Its unique “pusher” power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and its built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields.
And the fun doesn’t stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the lightweight design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. The BNF Basic version (HBZ3850) is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
Bind and Fly Basic Completion Level
In The Box
- (1) HobbyZone AeroScout S 1.1m
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
- Spektrum AR631 DSMX 6-ch AS3X & SAFE Receiver
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 6+ Channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 Compatible 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) 3S 11.1V 2200mAh LiPo with EC3 or IC3 Connector with (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
SAFE Technology Makes Flight Easy
Multiple Flight Modes
Beginner: Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control. Airplane automatically returns to level flight when the control sticks are released. Makes it easier to take off and land.
Intermediate: More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents significant over-control.
Experienced: No pitch or bank angle limits – allows flexibility to fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns.
- PANIC RECOVERY: Switch to Beginner Mode and release the sticks if you lose control in Intermediate or Experienced modes. SAFE technology automatically returns airplane to level flight.
This Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic version comes out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 equipped transmitter, install a charged battery and fly!
The AeroScout’s unique design and “pusher” power configuration helps to protect the propeller and motor while also offering improved safety. Plus its construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that’s tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can’t repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The AeroScout S 1.1m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, receiver and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you’ll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even dirt.
WARNING: Read the ENTIRE instruction manual to become familiar with the features of the product before operating. Failure to operate the product correctly can result in damage to the product, personal property and cause serious injury. This is a sophisticated hobby product. It must be operated with caution and common sense and requires some basic mechanical ability. Failure to operate this Product in a safe and responsible manner could result in injury or damage to the product or other property. This product is not intended for use by children without direct adult supervision. Do not use with incompatible components or alter this product in any way outside of the instructions provided by Horizon Hobby, LLC. The product manual contains instructions for safety, operation and maintenance. It is essential to read and follow all the instructions and warnings in the manual, prior to assembly, setup or use, in order to operate correctly and avoid damage or serious injury.